Who We Want
The Director of Marketing will play an integral role in the success of our organization. We have high expectations for this individual. We are looking for someone who
- can fill big shoes as a leader and manager. We currently have an in-house marketing team and use a contractor base as well. Driving this team toward achieving goals, while motivating, mentoring, and teaching are necessary abilities.
- has a solid understanding of what success in marketing means—sales! If we are missing the mark, you need to know exactly what to do to get us back on track.
- will dive right in. We’re a small (but rapidly growing) company. We all work hard and wear multiple hats. We need an individual who isn’t going to shy away from hard work.
The Director of Marketing should have proven experience in most, if not all, of the following areas:
- P&L cost and revenue responsibility
- Ability to segment performance by marketing channel and audience
- Marketing Automation platform experience to leverage email, text, and webinars to nurture pipeline through to sales
- Alignment between marketing and sales material
- Strong working knowledge of CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Strong working knowledge of marketing automation, HubSpot or Marketo
- Experience driving results on paid channels like search, social, listing sites, etc.
- Nurturing existing client base to increase retention and upgrade opportunities
- Identify our ideal clients and help us get more of them
- People and vendor management experience
- Manage and nurture strategic partner relationships as a lead source for the business
- Experience driving success through events and conferences
- Ability to manage an annual ad spend budget of $1.5M+
In addition to managing a small in-house marketing team and contractors, you’ll be responsible for managing outsourced PPC and SEO firms.
How We Measure Your Success
Your performance will be based on three KPI measures:
- Number of Leads: 456 per work day
- Quality of Leads: Lead to Set = 8.5%
- Advertising Cost Per Enrollment: $612 current goal
We will work together to set additional leading indicators of marketing success, which will help guide the overall success of our marketing program, to understand where holes or opportunities exist in the marketing funnel by channel.
- Director-Level Marketing Experience for an organization with annual revenue of $5M+
- A proven track record of success
- Great referrals! We want to talk to the people who will sing your praises.
- Passion, ambition, creativity, drive, motivation, etc., etc., etc.
General office environment
Ability to bend, life, stretch, push, pull, etc. in order to work with items that are typically found in an office.